Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Movie - an "MBAC"?

I was going to skip my usual weekend movie altogether, and just post about the (faaaahbulous) Postpartum Doula Training I just completed*, but this is too good not to share immediately. I'm seeing it pop up on a lot of other birth community blogs, but in case you haven't seen it, here's a story that is so much more than a VBAC. It's also the birth of a midwife, born to her calling as a result of a cesarean - an MBAC, perhaps.

My Journey to a VBAC from Lindsey Meehleis on Vimeo.



I commented thusly on Unnecesarean:

I am completely blown away by this woman. Such an incredible story. She is already walking the path I am only barely beginning to follow, despite being 10 years (or so) younger, at least with regard to her "calling" as a doula, LC, and eventual midwife. I was lucky to have dodged a c-section with my first birth, but for her, it seems like it was - however traumatic and unnecessary - a catalyst that set her on this incredible path. I wonder if she sees it this way - that without the c-section, she might not have discovered her passion and her true vocation?

Major kudos to you, Lindsey. You're a hero and a role model and an inspiration.


*Manana! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment