Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: My Future IBCLC

I'm now tandem nursing, apparently, as per Lily's demands.


Future lactation consultant? "Positioning looks good, now let's work on that latch."


Examining tongue for possible tight frenulum.


Changing the diaper (hey, it even came with cloth).


The really funny thing? I have to back up a little here. Despite my referring to it as "nursie" or just "nurse" from day one, Lily insisted on inventing her own word for breastfeeding, which is not in any known language but basically sounds like "Boh-tee" or "Buh-tea". So random, right?

Well, one day, Aaron (her daddy) forwarded me this, which he had just come across and which completely weirded him out. Normally I don't pass these kinds of tired old "isn't extended breastfeeding freaksome" sketches along, for obvious reasons (tired, old), but here's the thing: listen to what he calls it.


Whoa, right?

And the name of her first doll, the baby version of the American Girl line, pictured here, that she got for Christmas? Bitty Baby.

*boggle*

5 comments:

  1. She is SO beautiful!
    And thoughtful, to make sure her baby gets fed.
    :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy! She hasn't quite figured out that SHE can feed them herself yet, though. I still have to do everything around here! All in good time, I know . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, she'll be feeding Baby before you know it.
    :)

    O-T, Anne, do you think there will ever be an investigative journalist with the stones to go find out WHY that new mother and her Christmas miracle baby went into cardiac arrest in the first place before they were "heroically" revivied by the docs after section?

    I would love to know how much Cytotec is on hand on that maternity floor. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! My daughter tried to get me to nurse her mouse the other day. Wish I had my camera for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, investigative journalist? Probably not (although CNN has done some admirable reporting about c-sections lately). But Henci Goer just posted this must-read: Her Survival Was a “Christmas Miracle,” but the Disaster Was Man-Made.

    Melodie, HEE HEE! I've also recently nursed Elmo. No photos of that either, alas.

    ReplyDelete