Monday, December 21, 2009

Please consider a donation for this mom. (WARNING: Very upsetting story of loss.)


I was planning a post on perineal massage for today. This is quite the change of topic, and outside the normal subject matter of this blog, but it's just such an extremely heartbreaking story that I thought it was worth doing whatever I could to bring attention to it.

I just read about this terrible tragedy and am utterly heartbroken: a 27 year old mother just lost her 8 month old baby, 4 year old son, and husband in one fell swoop - a house fire. The week before Christmas. Not that there is ever, EVER a good time for the most devastating loss I could ever even imagine, but that just seems like an extra bit of cruelty. I honestly don't know how I could go on living after such a thing, I really, truly don't.

Please, consider sending a donation her way. And if you have a blog, and/or are on Facebook and/or Twitter, please help spread the word. A mention from you could bring in desperately needed donations for this poor woman (and her stepdaughter as well, who lost her dad and half-siblings). If you belong to a church, synagogue, mosque, or any other organization that gives charitably, this could help, too.

Thanks for reading this. On top of anything else you might be moved to do after reading this, please take a moment to hug your children and loved ones extra-tight, and give thanks for them.

Anne

Another news story on the tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. That is so so sad. Like you Anne, I can't even imagine living out another day after a loss like that. How heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the utter horror.

    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, my whole body aches reading that...not just my heart. :*( What a horrible, horrible thing. I don't think I could live after that either. I don't have anything to spare, but I will post this on my Facebook!

    ReplyDelete