Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weekend Movie: "Mother of Many"

For Oscar weekend here in the States, I present this all-too-brief clip from an animated short by Emma Lazenby, which recently won a BAFTA (the equivalent of the Academy in the UK) award. Her mother worked as a midwife for 30 years, inspiring her to make "Mother of Many":

It was my mum’s retirement that got me thinking about what an amazing thing it is she has done as a lifetimes work - to be the first person thousands of people touch and see, and to help women (and their men) through such a ridiculously hard time continuously day after day - just seems crazy. Such a worthwhile job. It makes me think about what I do and consider a change in career.




I haven't yet found any information on where and how to see the entire thing stateside, but I hope to find out more soon.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool! I can't wait to see the whole thing. I was so excited that I reached out to grab the mouse to click and comment, and I smacked my wine glass. It totally flew off the table and into the wall. Smash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found her! you can contact Emma Lazenby here:


    Emma J Lazenby
    Arthur Cox Ltd.
    16 Whitehouse Street, Bristol BS3 4AY. UK
    tel: +44(0)117 9539 788
    www.worldofarthurcox.com
    emma

    dvd is available for five pounds...maybe a group order? i asked for more info, does she accept paypal? etc, waiting for response. dvd is 6 minutes total!

    ReplyDelete