Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I read it in 'Hogwarts: A History'."

I got a hilarious compliment yesterday: chatting with a friend on the phone about my myriad upcoming certifications, I remarked that luckily and geekily, I had already done a good chunk of the required reading on all of the various birth/baby/boob trainings I'm doing, just for fun. She replied, "Yeah, you're sort of like Hermione that way." LOLZ.

So yes, think of me as the Hermione Granger of the birthy crowd, always raising my hand in class (those of you who have done workshops with me know how true that is), always reading ahead, with Ina May or Sheila Kitzinger standing in for "Hogwarts: A History".

2 comments:

  1. Snort.

    What a great compliment! I wish Harry Potter had been around when I was growing up. I was SO Hermione.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Hermoine and am so like her too. :) What a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete