Monday, January 11, 2010

Vanity AND Perineum Intact


Tell me that's not one of the greatest, if not THE greatest moment-of-birth shots you have ever seen. How AMAZING is that?

And knowing the details makes it all the more delectable. This is the fifth child for this mother, the fourth VBAC, and the second HBAC.

And this gorgeous little boy? Eleven pounds. Nary a stitch.

This total freaking goddess is a friend of mine who gave birth at home last week. The title of the post are her own words, describing how, because she had held her hands over her the baby's head as it slowly emerged to feel what was happening and give support, the photographs of her crowning moments, which would otherwise be as graphic as they come, instead ended up being totally modest. Form AND function! Check out her great attachment parenting site at State of the Heart Parenting. Her other birth stories there are compelling - well worth reading in order. Positively revelatory.

Cheers and congrats to Justine, her kickass midwives, and her whole amazing family.

12 comments:

  1. For some reason, the image isn't showing up! Care to email it to me? I am positively dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nooo! Sorry! I'm going to repost it using the other function (upload, rather than URL). Check back again in a few and let me know one way or the other, if you would?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely one of the best birth pics ever! And ELEVEN POUNDS!! or as they say ELEBENTY!!!! Holy mackerel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the expression on the mother's face! What a wonderful memory to be captured on film!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing!!!

    I gave you an award over at my blog. :)
    http://alannasvanillabean.blogspot.com/2010/01/ive-been-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. *gasp* Why, thank you! I'll follow suit on that soon. What a nice boost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is the most amazing photo! And way to go, Mama, 11 pounds is something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you post a direct link to her birth story? I can't find it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, THIS birth story has yet to be written (babe isn't even a week old! It took me months). I will definitely post a link whenever she does write it. I also just realized that I can only find her 4th birth story (the most recent one, until the other day) on that site; the others are on her old one.

    Here's one amazing journey, in order:

    My First Birth

    My Birthing Center VBAC

    My Hospital VBAC (Warning: this may be triggering, for those who have experienced birth trauma.)

    My VBAC Homebirth

    The fifth chapter under construction!

    ReplyDelete