Thanks to Alanna at The Vanilla Bean for this Beautiful Blogger award! Insert joke about thanking the Academy here.
Okay, this is how this award works - I am to:
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award - check
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog - check
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award - check
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself - comin' up
5. Nominate 7 bloggers - the grand finale
So here are 7 possibly interesting things about me:
1. My original career was as a modern dancer (with plenty of glamorous day jobs to support my habit).
2. I can snort spaghetti up my nose and pull it out my mouth, then "floss". It's extremely sexy. If only I had a photo. Or better, a video.
3. My likeness as a baby is immortalized in a mural on the ceiling of one of the big rooms in the famous Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, where I grew up (in Denver, that is, not in the Brown Palace, a la "Eloise"). A local artist my parents knew used a bunch of baby pictures for his collage of chubby cherubim, of which I am the center cherub.
4. Taurus on the cusp of Aries.
5. My second career/upgraded day job was as a licensed massage therapist.
6. I was adopted at three days old to a loving family. 27 years later I was reunited with my birth mother and have been lucky enough to develop a wonderful relationship with her and her family over the years - and we did a lot of bonding through food. We wrote a little cookbook together, have a joint food blog, and even got to appear on the Food Network with the chili recipe from our cookbook. If I weren't being pulled MORE strongly into birth, I'd definitely be pursuing food seriously.
7. As a grown-up, I have lived in Denver, Boston, NYC, LA, San Francisco, Connecticut, and now . . . Erie. *sigh* I'm hoping that Portland, Oregon will be next.
On to my nominees, starting off with The Jills!
1. The Unnecesarean
2. Keyboard Revolutionary
3. Amber Strocel
4. Peaceful Parenting
5. Stand and Deliver
6. Woman Uncensored
I follow a lot of other great blogs too, but to narrow it down, I had to keep it birthy. Cheers all around!