ToLabor is the professional organization formerly known as ALACE, providing the same woman-centered training and certification which has exceeded national standards, bridging technical knowledge with a compassionate personal touch. So here's the scoop:
Is there a desire in you to:
• Help pregnant women and their families recognize what options there are in pregnancy, labor and birth?
• Provide evidence based information for the healthiest maternity care?
• Provide practical suggestions to help pregnant women relax during labor including physical and emotional support?
• Help a woman find her voice in order to advocate for herself and baby?
• Encourage an environment of calm within her team of care providers?
• Offer follow-up support in the postpartum period?
A toLabor Professional Birth Doula provides support for the pregnant woman and her partner, continuous care throughout the labor and birth to help them fully experience their birth.
The workshop includes: an introduction to physical assessments, adding an aspect of experiential learning unavailable in other training programs; these experiential exercises serve to enrich and empower all those who attend our workshops.
Tuition includes: the entire training and certification process, the training workshop, processing your work, the exam, the certificate itself, and activates membership. Before discounts, the total cost is $425. Payment plans are available. Enroll for the workshop 30 days in advance & receive a discount of $30. Past graduates of our training who are current members, may attend a workshop again for only $200. Previous doula training discounts are also available.
Contact Anne 860-922-6439 annetegtmeier[at]yahoo.com
www.tolabor.org 804-320-0607 tolabor[at]gmail.com